Scouts NSW is embarking on an exciting program to provide mental health first aid training to our members.
As part of the program delivery aspect, we are seeking and calling for Expressions of Interest for suitable candidates to be trained as Accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructors in Teen MHFA and Youth MHFA. Scouts NSW has up to 16 positions available for MHFA Instructors.
Successful candidates will be able to satisfy the selection criteria listed below to become a MHFA Accredited Instructor (listed below) and be prepared to attend a Mental Health First Aid Australia Instructors training course which involves a 5 day course, usually in Sydney.
Accreditation is an external qualification and subject to successfully completing the instructors training course and assessments undertaken by Mental Health First Aid Australia.
External Training Courses are scheduled for Sydney as follows;
Teen MHFA Instructor 28 September to 1 October, 2020.
Youth MHFA Instructor 2 November to 6 November, 2020.
Successful candidates can expect to have their accreditation instructor training course expenses covered by Scouts NSW.
Ideally, we are seeking candidates from all Scouts NSW Regions to provide Mental Health First Aid training on a regional basis.
Expressions of Interest should include statements addressing the criteria below and a resume that outlines your experience, as well as your preference for either Teen or Youth Instructor.
If you believe you are able to undertake such a role, please forward your Expression of Interest to; email@example.com
marked as PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL and titled, Mental Health First Aid Instructor.
Expressions of Interest will close on Friday, 31st July 2020 at 5.00pm.
Deputy Chief Commissioner (Operations)
Chair, MHFA Project Steering Committee.
MHFA Instructor training applicants need to demonstrate they meet the following selection criteria:
- Good knowledge of mental health problems and their treatments.
- Personal or professional experience supporting people with mental illnesses.
- Respectful attitudes towards people with mental health problems.
- Enthusiasm to deliver MHFA courses.
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of mental health services.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A business plan or organisational support to conduct MHFA courses.
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check from your state / territory of residence.
- Capacity and willingness to travel to train cross regions.
- Willingness to participate in regular debriefings and skills development as part of the State MHFA Team.
- Willingness to utilise your learned skills at major regional, state and national events.
Expressions of Interest must be in writing, explaining clearly how you meet the Selection Criteria.
Expressions of Interest must be received by Friday, 31st July 2020 at 5.00pm.