As you are aware the rapidly changing situation surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) health threat is having it’s affect upon every sector within our communities and will continue for some time to come.
This has led us to consider our Regional Office and NSW Scout Shop operations for the immediate short term future. The following decisions were reached in consultation with key staff members that we take the following measures to accommodate the current health precautionary measures as per the Health Department, Scouts Australia – NSW Branch, Federal and State Government instructions in providing a safer work environment and reduce the possible spread of this infection;
- The Port Kembla Office will be closed from Monday, 23rd March, 2020 until Tuesday, 28th April, 2020.
- During this time, all volunteers and staff, who normal attend the office will be working from home under arrangements with the Region Office Manager.
- All communications with the office should be via phone or email (email@example.com) .
- Office telephone number calls will be forwarded to mobile numbers of the appropriate person, so if contact is required, still ring the office fixed line number (0242741099).
- Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be managed or forwarded to the right addressee.
- For COVID-19 enquiries, please include COVID-19 in the subject line of the email to enable easier and quicker responses.
- As email@example.com is our primary email address, please ensure that all email traffic uses this address when engaging the Region Office.
NSW Scout Shop:
- The NSW Scout Shop will be closed to ‘In shop’ customers from Monday, 23rd March, 2020 until Tuesday, 28th April, 2020.
- During this time orders will still be processed in the normal manner via email or phone.
- An order & pick up (drive through) service is being offered to customers on request.
- All orders placed by 1.30pm will be posted same day (subject to stock availability).
- The NSW Scout Shop email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 024741193.
A review of the above arrangements will be conducted before the expiry of the period and advised accordingly. As we move forward, we expect to experience an upgrading on health precautions and will implement as and when advised by the relevant authority.
While we don’t expect any negative impact in service levels, I seek your understanding and consideration in this arrangements and ask that we all be tolerant as we implement these changes.
Also, our Scouts NSW Branch Office has been closed and scheduled to be reopened on 28th March, 2020. This will be reviewed prior to the planned resumption and advised if any changes.
Contacting the State Office: You can contact the State Office in the following ways;
- By emailing the staff person at their normal email address or email@example.com and your query will be directed to the correct person. Emailing is the preferred method to make contact in the first instance.
- By phoning the person directly. Please leave a message if required.
- By visiting the Scouts NSW Meet the Team Page and filling in a request through the page.
Region Events and Activities:
On another note, we are meeting with all Region Event Organisers to review all Region activities in the light of the health precautionary measures required in order to understand our capacity and capability to meet those requirements and will advise once the review outcomes have been finalised.
Also, at this stage all District and Group formations (including Fellowships and Rover Crews) are reminded that any decision relating to the continuance or not of operations, events and activities rests with that formation. I would ask that Region be advised via firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of any changes to the normal Scouting experience in your formation.
Region Commissioner South Coast & Tablelands Region
Scouts Australia NSW
P: (02) 42741099
M: 0417257839 E: email@example.com
Street, Port Kembla NSW 2505|